FREE Blood test diagnosis for Equine Cushings PPID
Boehringer is again this spring sponsoring a veterinary study on horses with Laminitis & Equine Cushings disease (PPID).
If you have recently had a veterinary diagnosis of Laminitis or your horse or pony is showing the following symptoms, please phone us to discuss your case and interest in study participation. (The study period extends from now until early December 2016)
- Poor hair coat or not shed out winter coat
- Excessive sweating
- Excessive appetitite, drinking & urinations
- Repeated episodes of laminitis
- Re- Occurring infections (skin, sinus, hoof abcesses, etc.)
- Altered fat distribution pattern- “cresty” and “pot bellied”
- Usually horses or ponies are over the age of 15 years
To participate in the study, you will need to have the vet out ($75+ $30 sampling/courier fee + mileage) to examine & blood sample your horse and you will need to fill out a survey.
In return for your participation, Boehringer- Ingelheim is offering a FREE blood test for diagnosis of PPID.
If your horse has already had a diagnosis & you’re treating with Prascend, Boehringer- Ingleheim is kindly extending the FREE test to include checking blood levels for control of PPID in horses on treatment.
For more information, please visit this website:
Published Monday 14th of November 2016