Services > Zone Visits Vets
Each area has a standard cheaper 'zone visit' charge for particular areas on certain days. This is to enable affordable visits for elective work as we can combine several visits in the same area. Generally we will make a time window for visits (eg 11-12) and we will do our best to ring you if we are running late so please let us know how we can reach you on the day of your visit! We will come out to your property any other day but mileage is calculated at $1.30 per km from the Masterton Clinic.
You are most welcome to combine horses at the same yard and you will only be charged the one visit fee.
The zone visit areas are as follows (all prices quoted include GST):
- North of Masterton to the Tararua district, including Pahiatua, Woodville and Eketahuna on Tuesdays. Alfredton $85, Eketahuna $65
- South Wairarapa inc Greytown, Featherston, Martinborough areas on Mondays. Greytown, Featherston and Martinborough $45, South of Martinborough ie Pirinoa $90
- Carterton and immediate surrounds Thursdays. Carterton $25, Panorama Equestrian $25
- Central Wairarapa inc Masterton and surrounds on Wednesdays. Masterton surrounds $20, Tinui and Whareama $75
- Hutt Valley inc Te Marua, Wainuiomata, Akatarawa and Kaitoke on Fridays. Upper Hutt $95, Lower Hutt and Wainuiomata $120
- After hours surcharge is $100 on top of the mileage and examination fees
- A Hill Surcharge Fee of $100 is applicable on top of the zone fee for clients in the Wellington area.
Vet Services Wairarapa Equine cover the following regions:
Please get in touch if you are just outside of these areas to see if we can support your veterinary requirements.
Vet Services Wairarapa Equine Information Evening: An informative and entertaining evening discussing topics relevant to this time of the year.
No Foot, No Horse: The old adage about feet being very important to horses is as true now, as it ever was. Whether you need your horse to be capable of galloping at your enemy across a battlefield, or to be able to get...
Early Winter Horse Package: As we head into the cold winter months, it's important to consider a few ways you can help your horse keep condition and stay healthy.